Tuesday, September 14, 2010

inspiration not motivation

so in the challenge to blog more myself i have been on a quest to find (or stalking...) other blogs. is that wrong? i dunno...but it was recently suggested to me to look for inspiration, not motivation. and this blog in particular has indeed inspired me.... check out this archived post for example ;)
Mission Statement 

Let the first act of every morning be to make the following resolution:

I will live a life of choice by pausing between stimulus and response to proactively choose a response that is deeply integrated with my recognized principles and values.  In every situation, I increase my ability to act with integrity as I pause to ask with intent, listen without excuse, and act with courage

I seize the day and refuse to waste a single moment that I could otherwise use to better myself or work towards my goals.

I treat people honestly and fairly in all encounters.

I ensure that there is no blunting of passions by excercising a firm, healthy disciple over desires.

I tactfully and respectfully stand up for my beliefs and values, for goodness must have some edge to it, or else it is none.

I will, above all, live with passion and a sense of urgency as I understand that this gift is not promised to be here tomorrow.

Photobucket


1 comment:

Martin said...

Oh hey, that's me! Stalk away :)