Sunday, December 5, 2010

genius = happiness squared...

i was sent this quote recently.....it got me thinking, and, off on a search to find out maybe what einstein's "goals" were. but i ended up just blown away by his geniusness on many a subject. not sure why i am so surprised... but i've now added a bunch of his books to my wish list! 

"If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things." - Einstein. 


A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war.  

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. 

I never think of the future - it comes soon enough.

Memory is deceptive because it is colored by today's events.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. 

2 comments:

applepie said...

I really recognize, am I or are the others crazy?

?

k.c. said...

hi applepie :)

i am loving einstein quotes! there's a link to more if you want. all the ones in this post are his!